All students must meet the following Alberta High School Diploma requirements:
All students must earn 100 credits.
Students must meet the standards and complete the following courses:
- English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2
- Social Studies 30-1 or 30-2
- Mathematics 20-1 or Mathematics 20-2 or Math 20-3
- Science 20 or 24 or Biology 20, Chemistry 20, Physics 20
- Physical Education 10 (3 credits minimum)
- CALM (3 credits)
- 10 credits in any 30 level courses in addition to English 30-1 or 30-2 and Social 30-1 or 30-2. These may include 30-level fine arts, CTS, PE 30, French Language Arts 30, FSL 30, Spanish 30 as well as Work Experience and locally developed courses (i.e. Musical Theatre 35 and Forensics 35)
- 10 Credits from any courses in the following groups:
- Fine Arts: Drama, Music, Art
- CTS Courses: Communication Technology, Cosmetology, Design Studies, Electro-Tech, Energy and the Environment, Financial Management, Information Processing, Fabrication, Foods, Legal Studies, Mechanics, Outdoor Ed, Print Technology etc,
- Physical Education 20 or 30
- Second Language: French and/or Spanish
**Please note: only 25 credits from second languages can be used towards the 100 credit requirement for a high school diploma.
More information on high school diploma requirements can be found in the Guide to Education.